Monday, June 9, 2008

Tickets

Okay, now that summer is here the ticket system is back. I think I got this idea from Family Fun but we've been doing it for about 3 years. The kids earn tickets for doing chores, practicing piano, reading, good behavior, etc. (You can buy a huge roll of raffle type tickets at Walmart for cheap or make your own.) Each ticket is worth 10 minutes of TV, computer or X-box time OR they can save their tickets and every Friday they can "buy" stuff from my "store" which is stocked with candy, toys, play-doh, art stuff, whatever. I've found they'll skip their favorite TV show for a Laffy Taffy at the end of the week.
Tickets can also be taken away for complaining, bad behavior, whatever and we don't make them use tickets for family movie nights. I think that's about the gist of it but you can customize the idea for your own kids.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

I am SOOOOO going to have to do this. What a great idea.