Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My new addiction.... COUPONS.

So, I stumbled upon these CRAZY couponing websites last week. I have been completely baffled and mystified as to HOW they can buy a cart load of groceries for chunk change they scrounged out of the bottom of their couch. (Personally, I am a moron who has previously ignored the benefit of coupons. However, I have been rehabilitated and now realize that THEY ARE MONEY! Companies are printing up money and giving it away in the Sunday newspaper each week! I can buy multiple newspapers, get multiple sets of coupons and save much, much more than the cost of the multiple newspapers combined! What have I been doing the past 25 years?!)

Anyways, my new past time is scavenging coupon websites looking for coupons and deals that suit my needs, clipping those coupons, organizing them and creating my plan of attack for my upcoming shopping trips to make sure I am getting the best deal possible. As I have previously stated... I am completely addicted and consumed. (I cancelled a trip to KMART the other night after church because I left my $1 coupon at home.)

I have discovered this website titled, iheartcvs.com . I love getting tips on how to work the Extra Care Bucks and coupons for CVS from this site. Here is one that I picked up for this week. (When I went in to do this my adrenaline was running as if I was doing something illegal when I approached the register to do this):


First of all, I have 2 CVS cards; one in my name, and one in Jake's name. For this deal the maximum purchase of CVS Cleansing and Make-Up Removal Towelettes was 5 per card.

First Transaction, First Card
Purchased:
(2) CVS 15Ct. Towelettes - $2.99 each
Payment:
(2) $2.00 off CVS Skincare Coupon (from iheartcvs.com)
Cash - $2.13
Earned:
$5.98 Extra Care Bucks

Second Transaction, First Card
Purchased:
(3) CVS 15Ct. Towelettes - $2.99 each
Payment:
(3) $2.00 off CVS Skincare Coupon (from iheartcvs.com)
$2.00 Extra Care Bucks
Cash- $1.05

Earned:
$8.97 Extra Care Bucks

First Transaction, Second Card
Purchased:
(2) CVS 15Ct. Towelettes - $2.99 each
Payment:
(2) $2.00 off CVS Skincare Coupon (from iheartcvs.com)
Cash - $2.13
Earned:
$5.98 Extra Care Bucks

Second Transaction, Second Card
Purchased:
(1) CVS 15Ct. Towelettes - $2.99
(2) CVS 15Ct. Towelettes (exfoliating) - $3.49
(1) Viva Paper Towels - $1.89
(1) Orbit Gum - $1.19

Payment:
(3) $2.00 off CVS Skincare Coupon (from iheartcvs.com)
$5.98 Extra Care Bucks
Cash - $1.16
Earned:

$8.97 Extra Care Bucks

All in all:
I spent $6.47 out of pocket.
I Saved $27.98 using coupons and Extra Care Bucks.
I Earned $23.92 in Extra Care Bucks (I had $2 in Extra Care Bucks to start with.)

P.S. If you try to do this at the CVS on the corner of Fred George and Monroe, hopefully, they will have restocked. I cleaned them out.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

This is cool. Thanks for telling us. I have been doing the Grocery Game, but I hate paying for the list. I am going to try this.